Saturday, May 30, 2009

a poem about grapefruit

Yargh, sorry I've been a terrible blogger. Finals! Commencement week! So much has gotten in the way. In any case, I'm home, eagerly(?) awaiting Monday, when I will be getting my tonsils out. Send me healing vibes! I'll be drugged up and sore for at least a week, maybe two.

For now, I'd like to offer up a poem, written by my talented friend Leora Fox.

ways to eat a grapefruit

for devon, jon, nat, and abe

1. screaming romantically: two
fingers, frantic, scooping chunks
of pink flesh along with inner,
outer peel.

2. in series of semiquavers, in
perpendicular planes, with
thirds on the brain, on
unsteady wooden chairs.

3. with holes bored to siphon
juice, periodic compression and
release, two-palmed, downward;
fitfully at best.

4. sluiced truthfully
through the middle in
imperfect halves, with
serrated spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment