Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New blog alert! And the Brown Band does the Time Warp (again).

Okay, I'm changing my font size to the default. I'm sick of making it smaller every time, even though I prefer smaller font. This is more bad-eyesight-friendly, I guess.

Anywho, the point: If for some reason you've clicked on my profile lately, you'll notice that there are not one, but two blogs listed there. Gasp! That's because I'm going to be contributing to a brand-spanking-new blog called Women@Brown.
From the first post:

We envision this blog becoming a community of Brown students discussing political issues, campus events, pop culture, and anything and everything relating to women or women issues. We hope to spark discussions, help people stay informed, and even be a starting point for campus activism.

There have only been a few posts so far (like I said, it's brand new) but as they get more contributors (and as we start to, y'know, contribute), it should get some interesting discussions going. Go check it out!

Also, if you're like me and love old photographs, take a look at this Flickr album from Rosie Perera '85. Vintage Brown Band!

The Gross National Parade - Washington, D.C. (1984)

An early incarnation of Bruno. (1984)

I like the fuzzy ears. (1983)

The band bus! Awesome. (1984)


A young Matt (our faculty advisor, right) and the lookalike student conductor. (1984)

Fun Fact: This year will be the 40th anniversary of the band on skates! (1984)

Man, I wish I got to wear a white suit... (1983)

2 comments: